If you’re wondering will blinds keep the heat out, then you’re looking to save money on your electric bill. As temperatures rise this Summer, few can afford the costly bills that come with central air conditioning. So saving where and how you can becomes essential. Thankfully, not only will blinds keep the heat out, we’ll tell you how and how much you can save! Keep reading for more.
Tips for Lowering Your Electric Bill
- Firstly, “smart management of window coverings can reduce heat gain by up to 77 percent” in your home.
- Next, “Window awnings can reduce solar heat gain by up to 65 percent on south-facing windows and 77 percent on west-facing windows.”
- Then, due to “the numerous openings between the slats of blinds, it’s difficult to control temperature through interior window blinds, but the slats offer flexibility in the summer. Unlike shades, you can adjust the slats to control glare, light, and solar heat gain.”
- Following this, “When completely closed and lowered on a sunny window, highly reflective blinds can reduce heat gain. Horizontal slat-type blinds can also be adjusted to block and reflect direct sunlight onto a light-colored ceiling. A light-colored ceiling will diffuse the light without much heat or glare, while allowing you to take additional advantage of natural daylighting.”
- Lastly, “Studies demonstrate that medium-colored draperies with white-plastic backings can reduce heat gains by 33%.”
The Best Blinds to Keep the Heat Out
Second, which blinds will keep the heat out best? As mentioned above, the best blinds to beat the heat feature highly reflective material facing the window. This material helps block light and reduce glare.
In addition, Roman shades also do an excellent job at preventing heat gain. The best shades for this would be those by Solera. Their innovative cellular construction traps air, keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler during summer months.
Will Blinds Keep the Heat Out? Yes! With the Blinds and Drapery Showroom
Last, if you’d like more information about will blinds keep the heat out, please contact us. Better yet, take a stop by one of our locations! We’d love to show you what we offer so you can save money on A/C now and heat in the winter.