How does the thoughtful homeowner choose window coverings for each of the rooms in their homes? Should it be done by room? Personal style? Budget? Sometimes, deciding where to begin is the hardest part.
Truthfully, homeowners can decide to design however they please. According to our experts here at Blinds & Drapery Showroom, the key is to be sure a professional is there to help guide which Narberth, PA window blinds, shades, and shutters to choose.
To decorate by room, you may want to choose different styles of window coverings for each space. After all, each family member has different likes and dislikes, and each room requires various levels of privacy. Check out this guide to help you make the right choices.
Kitchen Window Covering Options
Many kitchens come equipped with only one or two windows. This is especially common in older homes without open concept floorplans. If this is the case, it is particularly important to keep the natural light source open. Lightweight window coverings such as sheer shades are a perfect option. Now, if the kitchen windows face the street or a neighbor’s home, you may prefer something with a bit more privacy like a thicker fabric top down/bottom up shade. This will allow in plenty of light, without making you feel as though you’re on display.
Bedroom Window Covering Options
Privacy is the main goal in the bedrooms if they’re positioned facing a neighborhood, school, store, etc. Selecting wood blinds, for example, will allow you to achieve complete privacy and a completed aesthetic. But, there are other options to consider:
- Do you prefer total darkness to sleep? Blackout shades will allow this.
- Do you want to retain your picturesque view? Shades with a top down/bottom up option will allow for this.
- Do you need to reduce the glare on your television? Layering wood blinds with customized drapes is a soft look that will keep the glare off the bedroom TV.
Each of these important questions will guide you in your search. Not all options provide what you need to be most comfortable in the bedroom.
Bathroom Window Covering Options
Modern homes demand as much style as they do functionality and privacy. These days, homeowners want the bathroom to reflect their personalities and individuality—no matter how small the room may be. Here are some popular options to provide the style, privacy, and function you need:
- Faux wood, large-slatted blinds. Real wood is beautiful and timeless, but it will struggle in a room with humidity and moisture. Faux wood blinds are the better option in the bathroom. Keep in mind you can have the same luxurious look with faux wood, as they come with wood-like grain and stain options.
- Aluminum mini blinds. aluminum won’t fade from the shower steam, so your mini blinds will remain looking like new for a long time. Plus, they come in more colors than just the standard white or cream to allow your space to be customized.
Blinds & Drapery Showroom can help you design each and every room in your house with our quality window blinds, shades, and shutters in Narberth, PA. We also have extensive drapes and valances options—any look you want is possible. To gather more ideas and guidance, feel free to visit our showroom at 1247 W Chester Pike, Havertown, PA 19083. Call us at (610) 853-0900 and let’s get started!