Need to know what blinds work best for sliding patio doors? For a lot of folks, finding such information can be difficult. But no need to worry. The Blinds and Drapery Showroom finds it for you. So, if you want to know what blinds work best for sliding patio doors, just check out this brief blog!
First, there are a number of things one needs to consider before we can discuss blinds.
- Specialty window treatments can get pricey. So, make sure you get it right the first time. That’s why The Blinds and Drapery Showroom offers professional design consultations.
- Next, nearly all blinds for doors require outside mount installation. Most doors don’t have enough depth, so you’ll have to install the window treatment on the above wall.
- Also, think about how your door handle may obstruct your treatment. Your designer can help with this.
- Furthermore, if you want your door fully uncovered sometimes, work with your designer to add extra width so your treatment can be retracted and overlap the wall.
- Finally, is it important for your door shades to match or coordinate with other horizontal treatments in your room?
Types of Blinds for Sliding Patio Doors
Second, now that you’ve considered a few important factors, we can discuss what blinds work best for sliding patio doors.
- Sliding panels – most professionals recommend these for sliding glass doors and/or wide windows. They’re elegant, easy to use, and versatile. They’re also highly customizable. Sliding panel blinds feature flat vertical panels of fabric on tracks that allow them to slide to cover or uncover your window.
- Vertical cellular shades – perfect for controlling the temperature in your room, the honeycomb-shaped fabric construction creates air pockets that insulate your windows to keep you cooler in the Summer and warmer in the Winter.
- Draperies – for a more classic style over special features and functionality, try custom draperies for sliding glass doors. Draperies add softness and can camouflage a sliding door if you want.
Find Out More About What Blinds Work Best for Sliding Patio Doors
Last, still want more information on what blinds work best for your doors? Contact us at The Blinds and Drapery Showroom! Our friendly experts would love to give you a tour of all your options on full display so you can see for yourself. If you’re not sure if we’re the right option for you, just check out our Google reviews!