When the time comes to update or add new window coverings, it’s hard to know which to choose. Which look do you like best—the simplicity of shades or the tradition of shutters? Are blinds more within your price range? Your decision will depend on the look of the room, personal preference, and budget. So, to decide on Haverford, PA window blinds, shades, or shutters that you’ll love for years to come, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Blinds are usually the most affordable option for homeowners looking to enhance the rooms in their house. Choices range from wood and faux wood to synthetic materials. Blinds are more structured than shades and offer a more refined look, without spending the amount you would on shutters. Popular window blinds options include:
- Faux wood
Window shades come in countless styles. From nature-inspired hues to single and double layers (for added efficiency), window shades are a soft addition to homes. Some of the most popular are:
- Roller shades. This is a basic pull down rolling shade and, usually, the most affordable shade option.
- Roman shades. This option has been the most popular among homeowners who choose shades for their homes for several years. Roman shades have sections that fold under one another. This creates a unique look and creates excellent insulation.
- Cellular (“honeycomb”) shades. Known for their cellular/honeycomb shape, these shades are chosen by homeowners who want to add insulation and style to their windows. These also help in shielding out noise from neighbors, planes, trains, etc.
- Woven wood shades. Fashionable shades made of reeds, grasses, and woods. These are best used in rooms where complete privacy is unnecessary, but light filtering is desired.
- Woven fabric shades. This style allows homeowners to filter natural light as much or as little as they want. Options range from sheer to completely opaque.
Before double pane windows and air conditioning, homeowners used interior shutters to block out sunlight, rain, and insects. Today, shutters are the most elegant, timeless choice for window treatments. They add a sophisticated, clean look and homeowners love the maximum privacy shutters provide, too. They can be customized for both windows and doors of any size, and what sets this option apart from shades or blinds is that shutters provide superior insulation—which means lower cooling and heating bills. Shutter style options include:
- Louvered. Recognizable by its slatted appearance.
- Recessed panel. Very popular and blocks out the sun, when needed.
- Vertical hardwood plank. Appealing for its homemade character.
- Half size. This option is popular in kitchens and living rooms, as it provides privacy while allowing constant natural light into the space.
Remember that materials matter when choosing Haverford, PA window blinds, shades, and shutters. Options made of wood are historically great at mitigating temperature changes outside, while synthetic materials tend to last longer and require less maintenance. If you’re unsure about what to choose for your space, the professional staff at Blinds & Drapery Showroom can help. We are located at 1247 W Chester Pike, Havertown, PA 19083. Call us at (610) 853-0900.