Deciding on new window coverings for your Bryan Mawr, PA home may feel overwhelming. There’s so much to think about: budget, style, coordination with the furniture, lifestyle, window size, energy efficiency—ah! There is a lot to consider.
So, where to start? Usually, you start with a catalog or Pinterest. Maybe scrolling through Facebook and looking at others’ DIY projects for ideas. Eventually, you will consult a friend or two and then, perhaps, give a professional a call with your questions about colors and materials and style ideas.
Wouldn’t it be helpful to have a few of those questions answered before getting started? Of course it would! At Blinds & Drapery Showroom, we have put together a short list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding your Bryn Mawr, PA window coverings to get your creative wheels turning.
FAQs: Window Coverings
- What is a “window covering?”
This is simply a term regarding any treatment for your home windows: shades, curtains, blinds, etc. But, this term is typically used in regard to a window treatment customized for a specific space.
- Can I measure my windows myself?
You can, but this is not recommended. If you have decided to work with a professional—let he or she do the work to ensure precise measurements for the best outcome.
- There are so many options… How do I decide?
Try only to focus on the “three musts:” function, budget, and look. What’s most important to you? Arrange these three musts in the order that matches your needs and move forward from there, filtering all decisions through them. Here are some helpful details on some popular window options:
- Horizontal blinds provide excellent privacy and work best on standard windows.
- Vertical blinds also provide great privacy but are more suitable for taller, large-scale windows or patio/sliding doors.
- Cellular shades are great for added thermal insulation.
- Draperies are a popular choice for living rooms and rooms with high ceilings for a grand look.
- Many windows in my home are angled: bay, bow, arched, skylights, etc.; what choices are best?
Fortunately, these days, there are many options for all the oddly-shaped windows in your home! Remember, customizations are our forte here at Blinds & Drapery Showroom. Some lovely examples:
- The pleats of cellular shades look melodramatic in an arched or tall bay window.
- Skylights can be tough; cellular windows work great and look beautiful.
- Horizontal and vertical blinds are also great for angled, bay, and bow windows because of their easy operability.
- I love the wood look—what options do I have?
Wood is stunning and sentimental. It is strong and traditional, and it can match as modern of a décor as you want. Consider natural wood blinds with thick slats for an upscale look. There are also faux wood options for that same desired appearance and more affordability. Ask us about our EverWood®
Naturally, you will have more questions than we can list here—but these 5 FAQs should get your creative juices flowing! Our team here at Blinds & Drapery Showroom looks forward to meeting you when you’re ready to consult the professionals.
Blinds & Drapery Showroom | 1247 W Chester Pike | Havertown, PA 19083 | 610.853.0900