We all have our favorites. Favorite ice cream (mine’s Mint Chocolate Chip), favorite movie (who else still claims Titanic as the best movie, ever?!), etc. Our brains are constantly dismissing things we do not prefer and cataloging the things we do prefer.
So, when I say I have a favorite window covering, I mean that I recently discovered my preference (even though I’d probably been leaning one way for a long time). You see, I went into full-on nesting mode this year and became overtly conscious of my likes and dislikes. For example:
- I love sliding patio doors and I hate French doors.
- I really like the look of antiques, but I do not want to recreate that look with chalk paint.
- I like chandeliers, but I don’t want them to be too girly.
- I enjoy seeing books scattered about as décor, but I don’t want bookshelves.
See? Pretty particular.
When the time came to call Blinds & Drapery Showroom to upgrade my Springfield, PA, home, I didn’t know what I liked. I trusted them to help me zero-in because they have been my family’s go-to for years and years. All I knew was that I wanted affordable, beautiful window coverings in Springfield, PA. And, they couldn’t be too girly.
Luckily, the staff is professional and patient. When I visited the showroom, we looked at all sorts of options. Eventually, I knew I wanted the same type of coverings throughout my home’s main floor; something that would make a statement and melt into my décor “just right.”
I was gravitating toward the Roman Shades without realizing it. My B&D pro actually pointed it out. Here’s what drew me to them:
- They’re androgynous. Remember when I said I didn’t want anything “too girly?” Roman shades are perfectly balanced between a man’s taste and a woman’s; strong and regal, while still soft to the touch.
- They’re versatile. Homeowners typically replace their window coverings every decade or so. So, it’s important to choose new treatments that won’t go out of style. I don’t expect Roman Shades (which have been around for centuries) to suddenly go out of style…
- Roman Shades = sophistication. 20-year-olds typically do not opt for this style. Why? There’s a level of class we all grow into as we grow out of the mini-blinds years… Thus, the Roman Shade.
- They’re so easy to maintain. Maybe this is my (real) favorite aspect of this specific window covering… All I have to do is use the brush attachment on my vacuum cleaner or a duster to remove the ever-present pet hair from them—and they look like new, instantly.
We all have our favorite things. And, when you are ready to have the team at Blinds & Drapery Showroom help you to transform your home, give them a call! I could not be happier as I look around my home at all my favorite things. It’s a good feeling.
Blinds & Drapery Showroom | 1247 W Chester Pike | Havertown, PA 19083 | 610.853.0900